Friday, January 02, 2009

Household Helper

My Hunny FINALLY hired someone to help me around the home a few days a week with the DOD. *clapping* I'm so excited. He did a phone interview with her a few weeks ago and then she came by the home to me the DOD and me. The older DOD took to her almost instantly. They showed her their playroom and was all to happy to be swing around like airplanes and chased around. She even had them pick up their toys and read them stories. I was truly amazed. Of course the littlest DOD looked at her sideways *chuckle* with that "who is this sitting next to mommy look." Hopefully, little Ms. Asaria will be more open once she gets used to having another person in the house a few days during the week. (Me and my Hunny 2-2005)

I know my hubby is excited because he won't always have to leave work early or take off when there are things I can only do during the week-days, like doctors appointments, or play dates (which on of my Mocha Moms has been more than gracious enough to take the older DOD on). And the added perk is that the "household/mommy helper" is flexible. Thus my Hunny and I can go out together, ALONE and have some much needed Husband and Wife time and do "grown up stuff" without worrying if we packed enough diapers, or if an eatery is "kid friendly" or if we brought enough snacks, or if one of us will have to say in the car because half of the DOD fell asleep on the way to wherever we were going (which ALWAYS happens). Hopefully I'll be able to go on a date with my hubby on my birthday, which is Jan 21st because we haven't been on one alone since January 21, 2007 (when my sister watched the then 3 DOD, as I was pregnant with Asaria, and we were still in Cali). (circa 12-2005)


Other than that, I'm recovering from a cold passed on to me by the hubby and winding down from his birthday and Kwanzaa. It doesn't even feel like a new year. But maybe by the middle of the month and after I've returned from visiting my folks in Cali, it will feel different.(on my birthday Jan. 2006)

However, stay tuned for more of the goings on at Camp Richardson *chuckle* cuz with 4 four lively ladies running around, a driven hubby and yours truly being from "another country" (cuz my hubby SWEARS me being a true California Girl makes my point of view and outlook on life "foreign" LOL) theres bound to be some surprises. (you know I'm just rambling cuz really I ain't got sh*t to talk about *chuckle*) (My father and mother aka "West Coast Grands" circa 1-2008)

(circa 12-2007)

(The Original Richardsons, aka "East Coast Grands" circa 12-2004)

*smoochies* - Mama Aly

4 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, January 02, 2009, Blogger *Tanyetta* said…

    I'm EXCITED for you!

    Date nights with your honey, someone to help around the house, things are LOOKING up!

    Enjoy!!

     
  • At 2:17 PM, January 03, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dang, that's gonna be so lovely. I miss having time with just me and the hubby. It's cool that the DOD seem to have liked her right off. That's always a good sign.

    Love the flashback pictures.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, January 03, 2009, Blogger Bliss said…

    Ooooh, love those photos girl!

    And you've got some help around the house?

    Go head on Mrs. Carol Brady. lol

     
  • At 4:09 PM, January 09, 2009, Blogger monicac2 said…

    Happy early birthday!!

    And what a great birthday gift (and beyond) - to have someone to help out. You absolutely deserve it! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home